Colonel Cutter was General Mandible's right hand man and supported him until the last moments of the movie. He is the only ant with wings. He appears to be sarcastic and ironical but in reality he has a kind heart and a sense of respect for the workers. He felt that workers should be respected because of all they can do. He felt remorse for letting the workers die and at some moments objected to Mandible's plan.
YOWCH! A Backstory Edit
In the beginning, Cutter was a peasant ant in a large colony, and felt insignificant. Cutter found a lady, and fell in love. He took her to Insectopia and they lived happily for a while. But the General, Mandible, felt that Cutter's actions were a crime and should be punished by a sentence to death. Cutter's partner was taken and killed and struck a war between the Insects and the Colony. Cutter and the insects came to suffer and lose the war, but Cutter was the only one to have retreated. Cutter finds his ability to time travel, and tells a Cutter from a new timeline to go to the military and to have a life in operation of the colony, and to better it. So the next Cutter does, but still feels insignificant and goes to Insectopia and finds his ability to time travel and the purpose for his insignificant feeling was because he was searching for family. So he tells the next Cutter, to practice his time traveling skills, and to find family. So this next Cutter does just that, he finds himself a wife, practices his time traveling skills, and has a son. The baby was tiny and out of the ordinary. Although Cutter has just felt significant, the colony was progressing for the worse, Mandible almost completed conquering all of the other insect species. Cutter's wife is tragically killed by Mandible, so Cutter time travels with his child to the regular Antz timeline (the one in the film) and puts the baby in line to be chosen for a job. This baby would too feel insignificant and that baby's name would forever be; Z Marion-4195
Rescuing Princess BalaEdit
After learning Z's location from Weaver, Mandible sent Colonel Cutter to bring Princess Bala back and kill Z. Colonel Cutter was also a great tracker and quickly managed to find Princess Bala alone. He kidnaps her back to the Colony but doesn't kill Z. When he brought Bala back to the Colony, he was surprised at her cruel treatment by General Mandible. But he forced his feelings down and continued with Mandible's plan.
The Flooding of Mega TunnelEdit
Moments before Mandible flooding the Mega Tunnel, Colonel Cutter began to have his doubts about the plan. He attempted to talk Mandible out of drowning the workers but after being reprimanded by the General he continued with the plan. However during Mandible's speech he began to feel remorse for the workers and when Z managed to dig to the surface he knew that the workers could do anything after seeing them build a ladder of ants. He interferes before Mandible could kill Z and assumed command after Mandible's death. He was saved by Z from being pushed over the edge into the Colony by Mandible. He rescued Z from the water and became the General after Mandible. Cutter, General Cutter.
Like many other ants, Colonel Cutter takes on an appearance that closely resembles that of a human. Unlike many other ants, Cutter's features (including his torso and his face) are given more detail to look even more closely like a human. Colonel Cutter is slender while also taking on a muscular build. Cutter also has slim arms and legs. Cutters is the only ant in the entire colony to be rendered with wings.
Early in the film, Cutter is depicted as being as sarcastic, cold, and it is implied that when he's alone, he's even more cruel then Mandible. It was said by Mandible himself that Cutter was not as understanding as he was. He was shown to be be this way in his search for the princess when he had brutally beaten a bug in order to intimidate him, even when the bug tried to show hospitality. Cutter can easily strike fear into others. Although, as the film progressed, Cutter was shown to be righteous, warmhearted, and heroic. This was seen when he tried to talk Mandible out of their original plan and when he saved Z from drowning.
- Intelligence - Cutter is shown to have an incredibly vast and heavy amount of intellectual capacity, and is without question the smartest ant of the entire colony.
- Combat Skills - Cutter has expert combat skills and can take down a hefty foe without any effort whatsoever.
- Physical Strength - Cutter has peak ant physical strength. Along with weaver, Cutter is the most strongest ant in the colony. This was shown when Cutter fought general mandible and was easily able to take him down with just one jab.
- Speed and Reflexes - Cutter is shown to have peak ant speed and reflexes. As shown when he was quick to take down mandible
- Flight - Being the ONLY the colony to have wings, Cutter is obviously capable of flight.
- Tracking - Cutter has expert tracking skills, as seen when he easily able to find Bala.
- Heightened Senses - It is fact, that Cutter has keen senses when he was able to track the princess by means of sniffing her footprints.
- Swimming - Never seen in any ant, besides Weaver, Cutter has the ability to swim, and is shown to be great at it.
- Time Traveling - General Cutter is seemed to have an ability to time travel. As seen in the bar scene, General Cutter is seemed to have battle scars and many other indicators of age. This implies that General Cutter has traveled through time to inform Z about Insectopia. His brain allows him to keep this information even after the cold war in Insectopia, many years later, not mentioned in the first film, but mentioned in its sequel that has now been cancelled due to economical differences. It is also mentioned in the cancelled fourth film that General Cutter dies during the Korean War, fighting his greatest enemy yet, the antagonist from the third movie, Z and Princess Bala's child, named Gertrude. The fourth film was leaked to be titled Antz 4: The Fall of General Cutter. The film was supposed to be released in 2006 but was later cancelled due to the creation of Flushed Away.
- In the Antz coloring books and activity books, at one point, Cutter is shown grappling with the Praying Mantis.
- General Cutter dies in the fourth film during the Korean War, fighting Gertrude, but saves Barbatus' head before his inevitable death
- Cutter is proven to be Z's dad in the 1998 Smash Hit Movie Antz, but many people come to doubt it, until Cutter steps on his own pinky toe.